Friday 28 October 2011

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Review.



What they say: "The HD Foundation is an oil-free medium-to-full coverage liquid foundation which covers skin imperfections, while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life. Its extremely fine texture is supple and easy to apply. Enriched with moisturising agents, it leaves the skin soft and radiant. It is available in a wide range of shades to suit all skin tones".

I have been wearing this foundation daily for the last two weeks and I can say that I completely agree with everything they say. Here's my breakdown:

Texture & Coverage: It feels so light on the skin while providing quite a robust coverage which I would say is more medium than full. The fact that this isn't quite a full coverage foundation means it is invisible and looks just like 'your skin but better'. It dries to a semi-matte finish – oily-skinned girls will probably need to use primer before applying and powder all over, dry-skinned girls could totally get away with no powder at all. I'm somewhere in the middle, I tend to powder just under my eyes to set any concealing, down my nose and on my chin. I find this foundation lasts all day with no fading.

Colour: The colour selection is second to none and I'm sure that whatever skin-colour you have you will find a perfect match. I use shade 118 which is described as being for "light skin with beige undertones" and it matches 100% - it's actually quite amazing.

Packaging: Extremely good quality glass-looking plastic bottle with pump. I find I only have to use one pump and two drops for my entire face.

Price & Availability: This is a sore point. It really pains me to hand over £28.95 for a foundation. Saying that, I do think it is worth it because it really does perform and you need minimal product so will probably last a while. I will definitely re-purchase. It is quite hard to get hold of MUFE products in the UK, I bought mine from www.gurumakeupemporium.com (praying to the gods that I had chosen the right shade!). They also have a store in Fulham, London. PAM in Shepherd's Bush, London are also stockists (www.preciousaboutmakeup.com). Outside of London I'm not sure where it is sold, I'm hoping they open more places soon.

I give this a 4/5 – knocked one mark off for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment